Thursday, January 29, 2009

Your Love is a Drug and I Just Can't Get Enough

If you're like me, you enjoy seeing the random. I seem to get a lot of random and yet interesting points of view at TED. At TED, you can watch lectures on basically any subject. I recommend taking a look.

The one that stikes me most at the moment is Helen's Fisher's "The Brain in Love". She combines the definition of love through a poet's perspective and through an MRI. People newly in love, in love for 20 years, or going through the pain of a breakup with a loved one all have the same part of their brain light up. Love resides in the reptilian part of the brain, in the part where we want.

Here is something what we've known emotionally, but now we have the scientifically vetted proof. Love lights up the same part of the brain that is lights up when taking cocaine.

Love is truly addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment